Friday, February 6, 2009

1 Timothy 4 = Ministry 101

Like I've stated a few times, I've been reading the New Testament. Well, what I do, is as I read, I take notes on how the Holy Spirit speaks to me. This morning I woke up and began to look back through some of my notes. I hit 1st Timothy chapter 4 and stopped. Beside it, I wrote Ministry 101. I had made plans to write a mini blog series on chapter four and how the Holy Spirit moved me through it.

But I can't.

You see, yesterday, a good friend of mine told me to go to www.desiringgod.com and look up Matt Chandler's sermon video entitled "A Shepherd and His Unregenerate Sheep." So this morning, after reading in Hebrews, I did just that. I watched the video. I didn't just watch it, but I studied it. I paused it and wrote 9 pages of notes while going through it. Chandler's message is geared toward pastors, but every God seeking man and woman can be stretched through his words. Chandler's message is on the exact passage I was going to write about, but I can't. He does it better then I could dream.

So here it is. Watch it. Take notes on it. Let the words sink to your soul. Let the Holy Spirit do work in you while you watch and listen. I can't even begin to tell you how meaningful this message is to me. The Holy Spirit gave it to me right when I needed it and for that I am so thankful.





And here's the video notes to go along with it.
"A Shepherd and His Unregenerate Sheep" Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment